This year, on Tuesday, December 1, 2015, Computer Reach is participating in #GivingTuesday, a global day dedicated to giving.
Last year, more than 27,000 organizations in 68 countries came together to celebrate #GivingTuesday. Since its founding in 2012, #GivingTuesday has inspired giving around the world, resulting in greater donations, volunteer hours, and activities that bring about real change in communities. We invite you to join the movement and to help get out and give this December 1.
The Computer Reach story in five programs:
- Scout & Sort – We accept donations of used computers from schools, businesses, and individuals.
- Train & Triage – We train volunteers with the skills to assess, repair and support digital equipment.
- Refurbish and Recycle – We teach volunteers to install fresh operating systems in good computers, and to de-manufacture dead computers into recyclable parts.
- Partner & Place – We partner with schools, churches, non-profits, and non-governmental organizations at home and around the world to place our refurbished computers wherever there are digital needs.
- Service & Support – We go to great lengths to stand behind the hardware and software we ship.