Make a Financial Donation
The majority of Computer Reach funding comes through the generosity of individual donors. We could not survive without support from folks like you. Your financial contributions will help keep a roof over our heads, enabling us to train volunteers to refurbish and place more computers with organizations around the world that serve people in need.
COMPUTER REACH is a nonprofit organization, under section 501 (c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Service Code. A copy of our official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free from within Pennsylvania 800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement. All donations to Computer Reach are tax deductible to the extent of the law.
Begin payment by clicking the Donate Button:
Make a Computer Donation
To donate a computer or computer equipment, please schedule an appointment using the calendar below and answer the included questions. You will be expected to drop off the donation on the date and at the time you select unless you schedule a request for pickup. If you schedule a donation for pickup, you will be contacted by the Computer Reach team to confirm.
Pickups are only available for donations of 10 or more working computers. However, it is Computer Reach’s prerogative to accept or decline a donation pickup. Please review our Donation Policies at the bottom of the page before submitting a donation.
Computer Donation Policies
Accepted and Not Accepted Items
- Computer Reach accepts the following equipment: laptop computers, desktop computers, flat-panel monitors, keyboards, mice, networking devices, computer bags, computer wires, and computer speakers.
- Computer Reach does not accept the following equipment: printers, CRT monitors, televisions, telephones, fax machines, loose internal computer components, scrap metal, and household appliances.
- While Computer Reach uses general procedures to reformat and/or wipe data from hard drives from all donated equipment, it cannot guarantee the removal of data from donated computers and assumes no responsibility for the removal of any data from donated computers.
- Computer Reach provides the service of data erasure and/or drive destruction and provides a Certificate of Data Destruction with the serial numbers of the erased and/or destroyed storage devices. Computer Reach offers the services of 3+ pass DoD data erasure for a rate of $25 per drive. This rate is reduced to $10 per drive if 10 or more drives are scheduled to be wiped.
- By donating equipment to Computer Reach, the donor acknowledges that this is an unconditional donation and transfers to Computer Reach all rights for use of the equipment and any data that might be contained therein.
- Computer Reach will use the equipment as it sees fit which may include: refurbishment for educational and charitable purposes, use for spare parts, donation to a third party, scrap, recycling, or sale to raise funds to support Computer Reach activities.
For questions or to inquire about data destruction, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.