Volunteering Resumes at Computer Reach
Approximately 22% of households¹ in Allegheny County don’t have a desktop or laptop computer at home. We’re looking to get them connected, and we need your help.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Computer Reach temporarily suspended our in-person volunteering opportunities. However, with the percentage of vaccinated people in Allegheny County rising and case numbers dropping, in-person volunteering will resume on Fridays starting June 11, 2021. All volunteer opportunities will be hosted at the Computer Reach Warehouse (1 DRV Dr, Pittsburgh, PA 15221).
What to Expect
Volunteers evaluate donated computers, refurbish computers that we are able to repair, and responsibly de-manufacture computers that are too old or not repairable. Volunteers also test monitors, keyboards, and mice, and pack up computers for shipment to recipients.
- All volunteers will report to the Computer Reach Warehouse (1 DRV Dr, Pittsburgh, PA 15221).
- Volunteer hours are on Fridays from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. but can be flexible between the hours of 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- All volunteers must wear closed-toe shoes – no sandals or flip-flops.
- A full list of expectations is available on our Pittsburgh Cares page.
Who Can Volunteer?
- No experience required.
- We accept volunteers ages 10+. Children under the age of 18 must have an adult with them.
- Our volunteer days include both technical and non-technical activities. There is something for everyone!
- Refreshments will be available onsite for all volunteers.
- Learn technology refurbishment skills that may benefit you personally and professionally.
- Receive a tour of the Computer Reach Warehouse.
- Chat and form relationships with other volunteers in your community.
- Help get a computer into the hands of someone in need.
- If you require a letter for your school or business to verify your community service hours, we are happy to provide any documentation needed.
Upcoming Volunteer Dates
All volunteer dates occur on Fridays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sign up to volunteer.
- Friday, June 11, 2021
- Friday, June 18, 2021
- Friday, June 25, 2021
- Friday, July 2, 2021
- Friday, July 9, 2021
- Friday, July 16, 2021
We can host individual and group recycling events on reserved dates and times (outside of our routine Friday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. events) for volunteers from your school, business, church, or community center. These special events are done on a case-by-case basis, in coordination with your needs and our team’s availability. To request information about this, contact email@example.com.
Ask a Question
Please let us know if you have any questions. To ask a question, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-444-8816.