Computer Reach Moves Its Warehouse to Homewood
In December 2022, Computer Reach began its move to a new Warehouse in the Homewood community of Pittsburgh. Thanks to a dedicated group of staff and volunteers, our team completed the move by January 10. Our doors are officially open to the public!
Our New Location
Computer Reach is grateful for the staff and volunteers who devoted their time to help us make this move a success. Over a period of several weeks, these dedicated individuals helped us pack up our operations (furniture, computers, equipment, etc.) and transport everything to our new location. Located at 7800 Susquehanna St, Pittsburgh, PA 15208, our revamped Warehouse offers a range of new features and benefits, including (but not limited to):
- 5,000+ square feet that will be separated into an in-person store, bench room, storage, employee workspaces, and more;
- 5 new office cubicles for staff use;
- a large, gated parking lot that can hold more than 50 cars at one time;
- training and meeting space at the Sarah B. Palmer Enterprise Center;
- multiple bathrooms to accommodate more people;
- an air compressor/dust suction hood area;
- a private dock for loading and unloading equipment;
- a dedicated building supervisor, electrician, plumber, and maintenance/repair services;
- access to a shared forklift thanks to the generosity of The Trade Institute of Pittsburgh;
- and first-floor, visible public signage by the 7800 entrance.
We would like to thank The Trade Institute of Pittsburgh‘s Chief Operating Officer Maggie Beldecos for permitting the extended shared use of their Clark forklift. This takes a high-cost item out of our budget for 2023, which means more dollars dedicated to our programs that are bridging the digital divide in Southwestern Pennsylvania and beyond. Thank you for your generosity.
Computer Reach has resumed our in-person volunteer events and distributing free computers through our Computer Lottery program. While our dedicated sales floor is currently in progress, we look forward to offering our inventory of affordable computers to the public soon. For updates, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.