Help Us Bridge the Digital Divide: GivingTuesday
If you believe that every person deserves access to the technology they need to succeed in the 21st century, GivingTuesday is the perfect time for you to support local efforts to make that belief a reality. This November, will you support our work to bridge the digital divide?
Give Big Pittsburgh
Date: November 30, 2021
Time: 12:00 a.m. – 11:59 p.m.
How You Can Participate
As you know, access to technology in our digital world isn’t a luxury, it’s a necessity. That’s why Computer Reach refurbishes computers and gets them into the hands of people who need them most. To support our work to bridge the digital divide, consider making a tax-deductible donation! Individual donors are a crucial part of our funding. Your gift matters!
- $25 ensures that our volunteers have the supplies they need to succeed.
- $50 refurbishes a computer bundle which will be given to a local neighbor for free through our Computer Lottery program.
- $100 supports the work of our Digital Literacy Teachers who train community members on essential computer and software skills.
- $500 covers the cost of a Digital Navigator Computer Bundle and personalized 1:1 computer training for a bundle recipient.
If you are looking for other ways to give, you can support our work by helping us spread the word, checking out our affordable tech options, or sharing this news post!
As a nonprofit organization that is working to bridge the digital divide and increase digital literacy in Pennsylvania and beyond, our work would not be possible without the support of generous folks like you. This giving season, will you help us get more computers into the hands of neighbors in need by helping us reach our end-of-year goals?
- Raise a total of $35,000 by December 31, 2021.
- Gain 20 donors who haven’t donated to Computer Reach before.
- Gain 10 monthly donors (at any donation level).
Will you help us reach our goals by the end of 2021? All donations make an impact!
What is Give Big Pittsburgh?
Tied with GivingTuesday, Give Big Pittsburgh is an annual day of giving where community members join together to raise money for local nonprofits (including tech-focused nonprofits like Computer Reach). Through the online platform, you can:
- add nonprofits to your “Gift Basket”,
- complete all of your year-end giving in one go, and
- keep track of your tax-deductible donation receipts.
This year’s event will take place on November 30, 2021. Take this time to celebrate the giving spirit with your local community by donating to local causes that matter to you. The donation platform will remain open until 11:59 p.m. on December 31, 2021. To learn more, visit the website.
If you’re interested in submitting a financial donation today, please visit our Donate Funds page. We also accept computer donations. Donated computers will be refurbished and distributed to community members for free or at low costs. To learn more, visit the Give Big Pittsburgh website.