Our Impact: February 2021
New Sales Floor
- Computer Reach installed new marketing materials on our Warehouse Sales Floor. This was done in preparation for the opening of our Retail Store that will allow us to get affordable computers into the hands of local Pittsburgh residents. More information will be coming soon!
- Computer Reach distributed five laptops to Urban Strategies Inc. in Columbus, Ohio to assist with their virtual programming. 25 additional laptops will be distributed to their location in Pittsburgh to reinforce their ability to distribute computers to the individuals they support.
- Computer Reach distributed four computers to ASSET, an organization that works to improve education by equipping educators with effective tools and strategies to create innovative, relevant learning environments.
- Computer Reach distributed one hotspot to the McKeesport Community Newsroom to provide internet to one of their Volunteer Writers who did not have access to the internet.
- Computer Reach distributed one hotspot to Women Empowered for Entrepreneurial Excellence which they will use to host an event to get community members signed up to receive the COVID-19 vaccination.
Computer Lottery Program
- February 2021 marks the six-month anniversary of the launch of the Computer Lottery Program. To celebrate, Computer Reach will award up to 20 free Desktop Computer Bundles each week to individuals in the Greater Pittsburgh Area (while supplies last).
- In February, nine individuals purchased a low-cost computer through Computer Reach’s Curbside Pickup Program.
Welcoming A New Team Member
- In February, we hired Jen Blatz as a Project Coordinator for Computer Reach. Jen formerly worked with AARP and completed great work for older adults in Southwestern Pennsylvania. Jen is tasked with identifying funding and end-users for the upcoming distribution of 100 Giant Eagle Desktop Bundles. This project will target populations that need the devices most, with distributions beginning over the next few months.
Things To Look Forward To
- Computer Reach is currently working with North Hills Community Outreach and the Allegheny County Department of Human Services to finalize details on a project to get computers and internet hotspots into the hands of those who need them.
- In March, Computer Reach will begin the process to revamp our website. More information will be shared out in the upcoming months.