LAUNCH Fall 2022 Cohort: Now Accepting Applications
High school girls in grades 10 and 11 are invited to apply for the Fall 2022 Cohort of Fortyx80 and the Pittsburgh Technology Council’s LAUNCH program. Participants will experience on-site visits to tech locations, meaningful interactions with mentors, and much more!
Prepare for STEM Careers
Hosted by Fortyx80 and the Pittsburgh Technology Council, the LAUNCH program helps transform the natural curiosity of high school girls (grades 10 and 11) into a voice of leadership in the STEM community. Participants gain insight into their leadership style, increase their confidence to pursue a career in STEM, and leave prepared to create positive changes in their chosen career path.
Who is eligible?
This program is open to high school girls in 10th or 11th grade who are interested in gaining career and leadership skills in the world of STEM. Apply today!
What’s included in the program?
- Field trips into the world of STEM.
- Customized lessons aligned to the PA Career Education and Work standards.
- Experiential learning through on-site visits into the tech industry.
- Meaningful interactions with industry women professionals as STEM mentors and advisors.
- Engagement with an on-staff career coach and educational consultant.
- A capstone project in the form of a plan for entrepreneurship or plan for advocacy with the integration of tech.
- Building of both peer and professional networks.
- Integration of the Athena leadership curriculum which identifies eight Principles of Leadership
- Utilizing the Birkman Method to focus interests and strengths into a career zone.
Program Events & Timeline
- Retreat: In-Person at Duquesne University
October 14 (6 – 9 p.m.), October 15 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.), & October 16 (9 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- Virtual Meetings
October 25, November 1, November 8, & November 15 (6:30 – 8 p.m.)
- Field Trip & Job Shadow
November 5 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Final Celebration: In-Person at the Pittsburgh Technology Council
November 19 (12 – 4:30 p.m.)
Questions about the program may be directed to Marie Pelloni, Director of Talent Attraction and STEM Development, at email@example.com. For more information, visit the Pittsburgh Technology Council website.
For more tech stories, visit our News page.