Our Impact: March 2021
Age-Friendly Technology Guide
- Computer Reach published its first Age-Friendly Technology Guide. It features a list of affordable internet and technology options, technical support services, and technology training locations.
- Computer Reach distributed 25 laptops to Urban Strategies Inc. Their office in Pittsburgh serves the Larimer, East Liberty, and Homewood communities. They have identified 25 individuals who will greatly benefit from having access to technology.
- Computer Reach distributed 1 Hotspot to a Spanish-speaking individual who was identified by the Latino Community Center. Our Operations Manager Kyle Spangler delivered the Hotspot and was accompanied by Mama Pacha Explorations Incorporator Wilter Perez who assisted with interpretation during the conversation.
We look forward to continuing our partnership with the Latino Community Center to ensure individuals and families in Pittsburgh’s Latino communities have access to tech and the internet.
Computer Lottery Program
- In March, we distributed 60 free Desktop Computer Bundles to individuals in need in the Greater Pittsburgh Area. Each computer is equipped with Wi-Fi capabilities to conveniently connect to wireless internet.
- Computer Reach is utilizing both SMS and email communications to ensure winners receive notice to collect their prize in a timely manner. We will continue to award the Bundles for free while supplies last.
Giant Eagle Desktop Project
- Computer Reach Project Coordinator Jen Blatz has begun her work to secure funding and launch a new program that will provide Desktop Computer Bundles, Internet Hotspots, and in-person support (provided by a Digital Navigator) to individuals in need.
We are working with several agencies in Pittsburgh that serve older adults in an effort to get people digitally connected and combat social isolation during COVID-19. Our goal is to distribute 100 Bundles by June 2021.
- Thank you Crown Castle for donating 42 laptops from your office in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania. Computer Reach will work to get these devices into the hands and homes of individuals in need.
Leave a Reply