Students Can Have Their Digital Art Sent to the Moon!
Pennsylvania students in grades 3-12 are invited to enter the Moonshot Poster Contest for a chance to win a VIP tour at Astrobotic Headquarters in Pittsburgh and have their digital art sent to the moon!
Moonshot Poster Contest
In collaboration with Penn State’s Readiness Institute, Astrobotic, and the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Moonshot Museum is inviting Pennsylvania students in grades 3-12 to participant in a statewide poster contest to celebrate America’s return to the Moon in 2022. The contest is centered around 4 themes:
- History in the Making
- Commercial Space Industry
- Flight of the Falcon
- Powered by Pennsylvania
A panel of judges from varying STEAM disciplines in Pennsylvania will assess and select winning entries across 3 grade ranges: Elementary (grades 3-4), Middle School (grades 5-8), and High School (grades 9-12).
What happens if you win?
A regional 1st place award certificate will be awarded to a winning entry in each of Pennsylvania’s major geographic regions. All poster content submissions will also be included in a digital payload on a future mission to the Moon!
State Award Winners
State award winners will be selected across a range of categories, including: Science Communication, Entrepreneurial Spirit, and Creativity. State award winners will be invited to a VIP Tour at Astrobotic Headquarters in Pittsburgh around the time of the Peregrine mission (if schedules permit). Expenses not included.
How to Participate
Pennsylvania students in grades 3-12 are encouraged to participate! Entries must be submitted via email by a parent, guardian, or teacher and should include a completed terms and conditions form.
- Submit entries to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30, 2022
- In your email, make sure to include:
- the name of the submitting student,
- the age and grade of the student,
- the name of the student’s school,
- and a phone number of the student’s parent, guardian, or teacher.
- Make sure to attach a completed terms and conditions form to your email
- Entries should be a digital file in .jpg, .png, or .pdf format