You Can Save $30/Month On Your Internet Bill
Thanks to the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), eligible individuals and families can qualify for a $30 discount on their monthly internet bill. Depending on your internet service package, you could receive internet services for free.
What is the Affordable Connectivity Program?
The ACP is a U.S. government program run by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program that helps low-income households pay for internet service and connected devices such as a laptop or tablet. If your household is eligible, you could receive:
- up to a $30/month discount on your internet,
- up to a $75/month discount if your household is on qualifying Tribal lands,
- a one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer,
- and a low-cost internet service plan that may be fully covered (aka free) through the ACP.
To receive the device discount, you must enroll in the Affordable Connectivity Program with a participating provider that offers devices.
Who is eligible?
Individuals and families can qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program:
- based on their household income,
- if they or their child/dependent participates in government assistance programs like SNAP, WIC, and Medicaid,
- or if they (or anyone in their household) already receives a Lifeline benefit.
Only one monthly service discount and one device discount is available per household. See which companies offer high-speed internet for $30 per month or less (free with the ACP discount).
Submit an Application
To see if you’re eligible and complete an online application, visit the ACP website.
Mail an Application
Interested individuals can send in an application via mail:
- English Application | English Application Instructions
- Spanish Application | Spanish Application Instructions
Through Your Internet Service Provider
Another option is to sign up through your existing internet service provider if it participates in the program. Participating companies may ask you to complete their own application process.
For more information, visit the Affordable Connectivity Program website. For more technology news, visit Computer Reach’s news page.
Leave a Reply