Readiness Institute Summer Program Pays Students to Explore Careers
The Readiness Institute at Penn State is offering a 6-week paid summer program to help high school seniors explore career pathways, receive support from mentors, learn digital literacy skills, and more. Participating students will receive a $2,000 stipend and a computer to use during the program.
Readiness Institute Summer Program
The Readiness Institute Summer Program is a 6-week paid experience that helps high school seniors become “community and future ready.” The program offers stimulating, creative learning opportunities that provide students with unique opportunities to:
- explore future career pathways,
- complete projects that address real-world problems,
- enhance digital literacy to thrive in a technology-driven world,
- receive ongoing guidance, care, and inspiration from mentors,
- develop positive financial-management habits,
- build soft skills of communication and collaboration,
- create personalized road maps for future success,
- and more.
Each student will receive a stipend of $2,000 and a laptop to use while enrolled in the program. Following program completion, students will have continued access to support through mentorship, additional learning experiences, and peer networking. View a full list of benefits.
A maximum of 45 high school students in Allegheny County will be accepted.
- To sign up, complete the online application.
- All applications must be submitted by Friday, April 8, 2022.