Wilkinsburg Digital Inclusion Project Will Provide Free Wi-Fi to Eligible Residents
Wilkinsburg Digital Inclusion Project
In September, Computer Reach completed the preparations needed to launch enrollment for the Wilkinsburg Digital Inclusion Project. The project seeks to positively impact the lives of families in the Wilkinsburg community by providing the following at no cost to 200 eligible families:
- a Wi-Fi Hotspot with one year’s worth of internet access,
- in-person device set up and orientation, and
- ongoing virtual, phone, and in-person device and digital literacy support.
In short, the project seeks to provide 200 families Wi-Fi Hotspots and tech support services at no cost. The project has a built-in bilingual component, and so it is available to Spanish-speaking families, as well.
Who is eligible?
To qualify, participants must be a Wilkinsburg Borough resident and have a K-12 age child at home.
How to Sign Up
To sign up as a participant:
- Fill out this online registration form.
- Once the form is processed, qualified participants will receive a call from the Computer Reach team to schedule a Wi-Fi set up and orientation session at the participant’s residence.
- After that, participants can use the Wi-Fi Hotspot and will have access to ongoing tech support (virtual and in-person) for the duration of the project.
This project is made possible through a grant from the Eden Hall Foundation. Through the grant, Computer Reach is able to provide the devices and services listed above to qualifying participants at no cost to the participant. Thank you to the Eden Hall Foundation for making this project possible!
To learn more, see the Frequently Asked Questions section on the Wilkinsburg Digital Inclusion Project website. To ask a question, contact Will Perez, Wilkinsburg Digital Inclusion Project Manager, at 412-444-8816 ext. 3 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more news, visit our news page or sign up for our newsletter.
What if you already have services
Yes, you are eligible even if you already have internet service already. Please fill out the form and a member of the Digital Wilkinsburg Team will follow up with you.