Our Impact: April 2021
Computer Lottery Program
- Over 6 months, Computer Reach distributed over 300 Free Computer Bundles to individuals in the Greater Pittsburgh Area. In April alone, we distributed 60 Free Computer Bundles.
- We will continue to offer this program until all individuals on our waitlist have been served. Only 50 people are left on our list. If you know someone who needs a free computer, encourage them to sign up.
Partnership with Infinite Electronics Recycling
- Computer Reach and Infinite Electronics Recycling (IER) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) that names IER as our official responsible recycling partner agency.
- Roughly once per month, Computer Reach loads an IER truck with thousands of pounds of technology. They give us an exact weight and compensate Computer Reach based on how much weight is being recycled. All technology is recycled responsibly.
- Computer Reach can now purchase accessories such as keyboards, power cords, and mice from IER. In return, Computer Reach connects IER to new accounts/contacts that need electronic recycling services, such as Giant Eagle.
- IER will start visiting Giant Eagle locations to collect equipment that Computer Reach cannot accept. This streamlines the recycling process and reduces the amount of unusable tech Computer Reach receives.
EDSI PGH Laptop Purchase
- Computer Reach provided 20 laptops to EDSI PGH. The laptops will be distributed to individuals who need them to apply for jobs and access virtual programming.
- Thank you to our amazing Corporate Partner Giant Eagle for donating 62 monitors, 21 desktops, and 3 laptops this April.
- Thank you to everyone (individuals and partners alike) for continuing to donate. You make our work possible.
- Next month, Computer Reach will launch our revamped website. The website will feature new webpage designs, improved tracking, and an overall better user experience. Keep an eye out for the new design!
- Visit our website to read our latest news stories, schedule service appointments, view tech for sale, and more.
- Computer Reach is sending 56 computers and 7 Reach Carts to Africa to help get schools in remote locations digitally connected. Reach Carts act as “pop-out classrooms” and are equipped with tables, chairs, desks, projectors, projector screens, and computers.
Digital Navigator Support Model
- Computer Reach is implementing an improved Tech Support Model that sends individuals directly into the homes of end-users to provide setup assistance and answer questions. This model will create a one-on-one experience between the end-user and support person.
North Hills Community Outreach Project
- Computer Reach will provide 15 computers and 15 hotspots to individuals in need identified by North Hills Community Outreach.